Studying in the UK as an Indian student can be an enriching experience. Students from across the world have access to some top educational options in the UK. The UK is also known for its strong connections in the industry and work experience along with internship opportunities, which helps students to gain practical experience in their field of study. Various students go to the UK to experience the country’s customs, culture, and education. In the UK one can find students of various levels and a wide variety of courses are also available there like MBA, Engineering, Computing, etc are some of them.
Cost-effective study in the UK can be achieved by applying for scholarships and bursaries which are offered by universities and colleges. The financial aid provided by them can be fully or partially funded depending upon various factors that the university takes consideration into.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for scholarships in the UK:
Academic achievement is a key factor for eligibility for scholarships in the UK, but apart from academics, there are various other factors that are kept under consideration when universities look for scholarship grants to students like extracurricular activities and volunteering experience. It is very important to check and review the eligibility criteria for each scholarship you’re applying for, some universities also have extra document/essay requirements apart from application submission.
Top Scholarship for Indian Students to Study in the UK:
- Chevening Scholarships – These scholarships are funded by the UK government and are awarded to outstanding students from around the world who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree in the UK. The scholarship is for a master’s degree and also covers other expenses apart from the tuition fees of the student. A good profile with work experience would be needed. This scholarship is available for Aug/Sep intakes.
- Commonwealth Scholarships – These scholarships are also funded by the UK government and are awarded to students from developing Commonwealth countries who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree in the UK. The scholarship is for master’s or Ph.D. degrees and also covers other expenses apart from tuition fees of the student. A good academic background and a bachelor’s degree would be required for the same.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships – These scholarships are awarded to outstanding students from around the world who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships – These scholarships are funded by the European Union and are awarded to students from EU countries who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree in the UK.
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship: The Charles Wallace trust scholarship is offered by Charles Wallace trust to Indian Students who have applied for further studies in the UK. This scholarship aims to provide students support for advanced study or research based programs in UK in multidisciplinary fields. The scholarship overs other expenses as well apart from tuition fees of the student.
- University-specific scholarships – Many universities in the UK offer scholarships to their students based on academic merit, financial need, or other criteria. These scholarships may be available for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. A student can check the same on university websites from time to time to know more about their requirements.