Did you just see the cost of your dream study abroad program and cringed instantly?
If you did that, you aren’t alone. Studying abroad is expensive, even if it means you are on the same continent. Places like Hong Kong, Singapore etc. can really burn a hole in your pockets with the combination of tuition and living costs. But there’s no reason to fret, we are here with some good news. As I said you’ll be pleased to know there are many scholarships for Indian students offered by many governments, universities and organizations. It is sad that thousands of dollars worth of scholarships go unclaimed every year simply because no one applies for them. In this article we take a look at some of the best scholarships that will help you out with your education in Asian countries.
- Aichi Scholarship Program for Asian Students in Japan
Aichi is a Japanese prefecture in central Honshu Island and with its capital at Nagoya. This scholarship is given by the Aichi Prefectural Government and it enables students from Asia travel to Aichi to enroll in a graduate school after 6 month researched period to study the specialized fields and subjects that support Aichi’s manufacturing industry. After completing their course of study, students will be expected to seek employment in Aichi. Students already studying in Japan are not eligible.
- DST A*STAR Call for Singapore-India Research Grants
This grant is sponsored jointly by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. Of India and Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). The scholarship allows Indian researchers from the field of science and technology to study in Singapore.
- Hinrich Full MA Scholarship in International Journalism HKBU
To all the aspiring journalists out there, don’t feel left out as this is the scholarship made only for you. The scholarship is open to citizens from India, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam and Phillipines and it allows you to pursue the Master of Arts in International Journalism from the reputed Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) in Hong Kong. Selected candidates will receive full financial support for tuition fee, monthly allowance, visa and round trip fares. And that’s not all, will also be offered a well designed internship for 12 months and a job to top it off upon graduation.
- HM King’s and HM Queen’s Scholarships for Asian students in Thailand These scholarships are provided by the Royal Thai Government to students pursue their Masters in Thailand.
For the students of the Masters Level the scholarship is of two kinds, namely-
- His Majesty The King’s Scholarship is provided to candidates with excellent undergraduate achievements to pursue a Master degree in the disciplines of Engineering, Technology & Management.
- Her Majesty The Queen’s Scholarship is offered to candidates with excellent undergraduate achievements to pursue a Masters degree in any field related to Environment.
- Silk Road Scholarship Program at Seoul University If you wanted to study in the land of K-Pop, here’s your best chance. The Silk-Road Scholarship Program is jointly funded by the SBS Cultural Foundation and Seoul National University, established in Fall 2009. It is specifically designed for students who wish to study Humanities and Social Sciences at Seoul National University. Currently the scholarship is awarded for five students annually with financial assistance covering the cost of full tuition fees and living expenses. Students from countries located in the area of the Silk-Road may apply.