South Korea is one of the emerging nations for international students today. If you are an international student looking to study abroad, you can consider South Korea. You will find a vast array of undergraduate, post-graduate, and research-oriented programs at the universities there. Get in touch with the Best Overseas Education Consultant in Delhi to learn more about the programs. Additionally, you will come across more than 400 national and private institutions there.
The universities conduct more than 30% of their programs in English. You can also opt to enroll in a Korean language program, before admission there. Earlier, countries like the USA, the UK, and Canada were hot favourites with students. However, post-pandemic, things have changed drastically. Now, many students from South and Southeast Asia are looking to study in Southeast Asian countries. Moreover, you can also avail yourself of the study abroad scholarship.
Learn about the aspects of studying in South Korea in detail here.
South Korea – An Emerging Study Abroad Destination
You will be amazed to know that South Korea has one of the highest educated workforces on the globe. Most of its students hold higher education degrees and post-doctorates. For the last decade, South Korea has been looking toward attracting various international students to the country to uplift itself on the global platform. Thus, the Best overseas education consultants in Delhi for the UK are also looking to send students from countries like India to get higher education abroad at a nominal cost.
- Quality Education: International students are loving the way education is delivered in South Korea. The country is the 11th largest economy in the world today and has invested substantially in education and research to reach that pedestal. You can opt for arts, science, or business-related courses in South Korean universities now. These are the most prestigious courses there.
- Affordability: This is a known fact that the currency rates and difference in South Asia and Southeast Asian countries are not much. So, you can expect cheaper tuition fees and living costs. The average expense of an international student in South Korea is approximately USD $6,500 annually. Humanities courses are priced lower than science and business-related courses. The best UK education consultants in Delhi can list all the details for you.
- Living Costs: Apart from places like Seoul, the living and accommodation costs are still quite nominal. You can get one-room apartments for $300. You can also share it with another fellow student. The other options are hostels, dormitories, and campus arrangements. You can buy your groceries from farmer’s markets and cook them in-house, to save further on food costs.
- Scholarship Schemes: The best UK consultants in Delhi will be able to give you detailed information on the various kinds of available scholarships. You can also check the details directly from the university website. Some even cover up to 100% of the tuition fees. You can also avail yourself of government-funded scholarships that cover the tuition fee, airfare, and living costs.
- Learning a Foreign Language: When you go to South Korea to study, you will find that certain courses are taught in English partially, while others are taught in English completely. However, the knowledge of the Korean language may seem essential. When you learn a foreign language, you are empowered. So, that is another place where you can benefit. Being bi or tri-lingual can boost your career prospects. Get in touch with a Study Abroad Consultant for more clarity.
- Internships and Job Opportunities: After you learn the Korean language, you can also apply to South Korean companies. So, that is another huge advantage. IT, business research, consumer goods, and other sectors demand such expertise and hold over their language. The study abroad consultants in Delhi will also help you seek such opportunities.
Part-time Work and Visa
After you complete your course at a South Korean university, you can get a job there. Some students work part-time while studying the courses, as well. International students are allowed to work for 20 hours a week, and also during holidays. You need to have a visa to study abroad in South Korea. It is the D-2 student visa that can get you a world of opportunities. This is for any student enrolling for an undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree, or doctoral. The visa application process is simple and takes a maximum of 10 days. If you are a language student, on a D-4 visa, you can start working after 6 months from the start of the course. The study abroad consultants in Guwahati will help you with all the arrangements.
You can get in touch with Admissify, who is the best study abroad consultant in Delhi. You will receive proper counselling in multiple arenas.