The United States consists of over twenty-five hundred colleges and universities for higher education and research. These universities and colleges are included in the top world rankings under US news, Times Higher Education, and other international educational boards. Some of the renowned Universities of the USA are Kansas State University, University of California, Wichita State University, Northeastern University, Boston University, University of San Francisco and many others. Every year a considerable number of international students migrate to the USA for education purposes. Students are attracted to the diverse opportunity and career-building scopes available for them in these universities of the USA. More than one million students enrol in these colleges in the USA. USA colleges and universities are famous for their postgraduate and master’s programs on the international front.
Students can also apply for online programs for master’s degrees in the USA. The universities such as Kettering University Online and Walden University have online programs for postgraduate students.
To apply for a master’s program, students are required to prepare beforehand. As an international student, you must follow specific Steps to Get into University in USA for Masters.
- Prepare for the application process that can be online for most Universities in the USA. You must read through the application requirements and criteria carefully.
- You have to gather all the required documents in one place and further prepare for the aptitude tests.
- You can select more than two to three universities at once for your enrollment. Students can find links through many consultancies and organisations that can help you apply in the colleges of the USA.
However, overseas students must be aware of some of the issues they can face. If they face any problem with transactions or the fee structure, they can contact the universities directly to clarify their doubts. The fee structure mainly varies from seventy-five to hundred USD for master’s programs.
Another essential criterion to directly apply in the above Universities is English language proficiency tests. There are many international competitive examinations that students can sit to get their respective certificates. The universities of the USA support the following certificates of the students.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing Service)
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English)
- Cambridge English Advanced
Furthermore, these universities have different criteria and cut off scores for the students applying. Some Universities allow a ninety per cent cut off in these language proficiency tests, whereas others require more than that. It is dependent on the students’ hard work and knowledge of the English language whether they will be eligible or not.
Documents needed to get into Universities in the USA for study.
Several universities may ask for documents that may vary from the impressive lists of documents. Here is a list of regular documents that you need to keep ready to draft. You can hire an agent to help you out as well.
- Keep a complete list of all the grades you have scored in the academic till the previous year.
- You must prepare a student resume before applying to colleges abroad.
- The tests and scores of the competitive exams are required as well.
- You must keep the application fee ready, without which the application will be incomplete.
- You must attach a written sample of your English language skill or the research field you have chosen.
- You must keep some passport size photographs along with you.
Students must always keep checking the websites of the colleges or the universities to note the last date of submission of the application. Sometimes there are two tentative dates given by the Universities. As a student, you must always be prepared beforehand. For master’s programmes, the deadline for enrolling in American universities will depend on the semester you are applying for. It can be during July and September or January and March. The dates and the semester can vary depending on the universities you have chosen to apply to.
After receiving the acceptance letter
After receiving the acceptance letter, the overseas students can now apply for the F-1 visa for students. Students can also look for scholarship options during this time. The visa might take some time to issue, which can buy you some time to decide on the finances. You can also use this time to choose a place to live while studying as well. Make sure that your spot or seat has been reserved based on the university rules.
Therefore, after you get the flying tickets in your hand, you are ready to begin your new master’s course in the USA.
For further information, you can use admissify, where you will get an ample amount of information regarding abroad studies and opportunities like this one.