Congratulation to all the students who have received an opportunity to study abroad Before you leave your native country in order to experience world-class education, there is certain information which every student must be aware of before leaving for your foreign studies. This article will provide you with all the basic information which you can term as Pre-Departure Information.
Before leaving for abroad studies, make sure you have arranged all your necessary documents regarding your education which will be required to submit before admission in your respective foreign university. You can refer to the list of documents available below-
- Original and photocopy of class X, XII and Bachelor’s marks sheets certified (if applicable)
- At least 2 letters of recommendation from your professors who have taught you
- If you have been working before, then 2 Letters of Recommendation from your employer/ manager who can enlighten about your professional abilities
- Offer letter of your respective university
- Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Statement of Purpose
- Photocopy of your score of IELTS/GMAT/TOEFL
- Proof of Funds
- Certificates that will prove that you have participated in extracurricular activities
Indian students who are going abroad for their further studies and have no clue about the country should follow certain safety tips in order to have hurdle free stay in a foreign country
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Never roam alone outside in night. If required, take a friend
- Use caution when you walk or jog. Remember drivers use the left side of the road in some countries. In some areas, drivers cannot expect anyone to be running along the road
- Use only official cabs.
- Always keep your passport with you. Be very careful before displaying it
- Don’t attract attention to yourself with your expensive clothing and boisterous conversation in public.
WHAT TO PACK
- Pack all your relevant documents and visa before leaving your native country
- Foreign currency
- International Sim card
- It is advised not to travel with a huge amount of cash. In this case, travel with you FOREX card
- Medical insurance
- Prescribed medications according to the length of your stay
- All your electronic gadgets like mobile, laptop, charger etc
- Travel books of the country you are going for your higher education
- According to the weather pattern of the respective country, pack your clothes. Pack lot of warm and waterproof clothing
WHAT NOT TO PACK
- Expensive items and electronic gadgets
- Tons of liquor
- Culturally inappropriate clothing
- Huge collection of books
- Lots of food and snacks
- Unnecessary accessories
Student Accommodation Options Available
Students who are planning to go abroad for higher education should also make the right decision regarding their accommodation while studying abroad. Listing below is some of the modes of accommodation available for every student who is studying abroad.
- On-Campus Accommodation
The most common mode of stay, it is also known as the studentâ€™s hall of residence. On-campus accommodation is the most convenient mode as under this category you will be staying in the university.
Under this category, you generally rent an apartment outside college and share it with your friends. If not friends, then you can rent it with a roommate who as well must be looking for an off-campus accommodation facility. You can search it either online or in a newspaper or magazine.
- Home Stay
Under this category, you will be staying with a family who would be your host while you stay abroad. If you are studying abroad but want a family type stay, then homestay option is just for you. This option will provide you with a sense of security, home feeling and comfort.
I hope after reading the Pre-Departure guide, you will be able to travel hurdle free. For further information regarding the Pre-Departure tips, contact Admissify or download the app free. Admissify experts will try to clear all your doubts related to tips while studying abroad and help you in achieving your dream to study abroad.
Admissify is a first of its kind Premium International Education Consultant and service provider, delivering a uniquely interactive and fully comprehensive student admission experience. Admissify is with you from Inception to Completion, Be it – Unbiased & Honest Certified Counselors Guidance, Easy Online Application Tracking, Test Preparation Coaching, Financial Services, Accommodation Services and Top Placement Opportunities.