Nanyang Technological University is one of the oldest universities and has just celebrated 30 years of existence. It is one of the top universities in Singapore today. The university offers both undergraduate programs and postgraduate programs. You will be amazed to know, that it is also one of the topmost universities in the world today. The Nanyang Scholarship is an undergraduate scholarship. Outstanding students can avail themselves of this opportunity. If you had tremendous success in your academic life, and held leadership positions in your school, you can be eligible for the program. There are two kinds of scholarship programs offered by Nanyang Technological University.
The fully-funded scholarship can be divided into two categories. The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship is for the full-time Masters and PhD. Degree programs and the Nanyang Scholarship is for the undergraduate programs. You can avail yourself of the scholarships, no matter which course you are pursuing. The university offers a maximum of 2 years of funding for Master’s courses and 4 years for PhD. And B.S. candidates. You can apply to any one of the scholarships based on your educational level. The scholarships apply to a wide variety of programs at any school under NTU. They include:
- Graduate College
- Asian School of Environment
- Nanyang Business School
- School of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Humanities
- School of Social Sciences
- Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
- Accountancy and Business
- Art, Design & Media
- Communication Studies
These are just to name a few.
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
The scholarship offers some great benefits to the students.
- The scholarship covers the entire tuition fee.
- You also receive a Living allowance of S$6,500 annually.
- You also stand to get an accommodation allowance of S$2,000 annually.
- You also stand to get a travel grant of S$5,000 for an overseas programme, as mentioned in your Travel Grant Form.
- You also get a one-time computer allowance of S$1,750.
- You have to abide by the MOE Tuition Grant scheme, and there is no other bond apart from that. It is a three-year bond, under which you have to serve a Singapore-based company.
- International students get S$3,100 monthly stipend.
- Conference allowance of S$4,000 annually.
- Book allowance of $500.
- You also get a one-time computer allowance of S$1,500.
- Thesis allowance of $600.
Scholarship Criteria /Eligibility
You have to fulfil certain criteria, when you want to apply for any such scholarship. They are as mentioned below.
- The scholarship is open to candidates of all nationalities.
- You should be reading full-time degree courses to get the benefit of the scholarship.
- You also need to fulfil certain prerequisites – Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by any polytechnic in Singapore, an NUS High School Diploma, an IB Diploma or Class 12 equivalent qualifications.
- You should hold records in extra-curricular activities.
- Additionally, you should have strong leadership skills.
How to Apply
It is quite easy to apply for scholarships. The deadline for the application is November each year. You have to make the application through the online link. You firstly have to apply for the course. If you meet all the academic credentials for the course, you can then apply for the scholarship. Moreover, you need to have an offer letter, before which you will not be considered for the course.
- You have to visit the ‘Apply for Scholarship’ link at the end of your admission application.
- You will receive an application number. You have to log in to the application portal with it.
- After you are done with this, you need to write a personal essay. It is a deciding factor in the procedure. The personal essay must not be more than about 300 words. You have to highlight your personal, academic, and professional achievements through the essay. Additionally, you have to highlight, what contribution you are planning to make after being accepted into the scholarship. You have to write on three topics mentioned there.
- After you are done with the above, you have to complete the document submission process.
- You need to submit a copy of your passport.
- You also need reference. The school teacher must do your online appraisal. You will get a link for the same, after scholarship application. Forward the link to your school teacher, and the incumbent has to fill up the same within 7 days. You will get a maximum of two weeks for the same.
- Your selection interview will take place between March and May.
- You will be receiving an email, if you are shortlisted. You will get feedback for rejection as well, if you do not make it through the process.
- If you have applied for a Medicine or REP may have to contact the university directly, for results.
- You have to perform well in all your semesters, and the scholarship renewal depends on that aspect.
- The other rules of any scholarship apply. You must give a conformation of acceptance as soon as possible. If you do not do that, it may get cancelled.
If you are confused with so much information, you may have to contact Admissify, an overseas educational consultant. They will help you with all the latest information about the courses, scholarships, and fees. So, you can tread on the path to success, accordingly.