The country has established very high academic standards, and Canadian medical students are exposed to exceptional medical training, teaching, and hands-on research. Preparing to study medicine in Canada is the smartest decision to make. Canada is a major leader in the provision of learning, especially in the healthcare field, drawing thousands of overseas students.
Get all the details regarding a plethora of medical colleges, scholarships, study abroad schemes, visa applications, and course details from the best Canadian education consultants in Delhi.
In Canada, MBBS is available as a 3 to 4-year full-time MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree. Indian students must also pass the MCAT and NEET to be recognized for admittance to Canadian medical colleges. If a student with a non-science foundation registers for medical school, the curriculum life will take to five years since the first year covers the academic gap.
To become a doctor in Canada, overseas students must complete three levels of education. These are discussed in detail below:
- College degree:
A three to four-year bachelor’s degree in medical or non-medical disciplines comparable to Canadian academic institutions is essential to apply for MD, which is equivalent to MBBS in Canada.
- MD: Doctor of Medicine
It is a three to four-year degree that is separated into two components namely, foundation and clerkship. The first two years of study are known as foundation courses, and they are largely academic with some laboratory exercises. Students work with trained professionals in healthcare facilities for the last two years to get hands-on experience. This is referred to as a clerkship.
Medical residency is a three to five-year training course in Canada. Following completion, you will get a speciality certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) or a family physician certificate from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC).
How does one become a doctor in Canada after completing the 12th grade in India?
The processes to becoming a doctor in Canada after completing 12th grade in India are outlined here.
- Earn a medical degree from a reputable university.
- Apply for a residency spot.
- Confirm that you satisfy the conditions for acquiring a Residency.
- Complete your postgraduate education program.
- Obtain an MCC License (Medical Council of Canada)
7 of the best medical colleges in Canada and the courses offered
- University of Manitoba: BSc Medicine
- University of Waterloo: Undergraduate Course in Biomedical Science
- Queen’s University: Undergraduate Medical Education (UME)
- Canadian Mennonite University: Doctor of Medicine
- University of Western Ontario: Bachelor of Medical Science (B.MSc)
- University of Alberta: MD in Surgery, Medicine, Biochemistry
- University of Victoria: MD Undergraduate Program
Benefits of studying in Canada:
Because of its student-friendly environment, Canada seems like home for many students. Here are some of the most crucial reasons why one should study in Canada: According to the QS rating, it boasts some of the best colleges. Some of them include the University of Toronto, McGill University (21st), the University of British Columbia, McMaster University, and others.
- Student Life Is Exciting
- Ease of getting part-time employment,
- Students having a work permit can work in Canada after graduation.
- Scholarships: Another crucial part of schooling in Canada. Scholarships are given to students for a variety of reasons in order to financially support their education.
Scholarship Opportunities and fee structure for MBBS in Canada
If you want to study MBBS in Canada, you can apply for scholarships funded by the government. You can also apply for private scholarships or those officially given by Canadian authorities to help afford your MBBS in Canada or similar medical courses. All of these MBBS in Canada scholarships are allocated based on merit. Here are the best scholarships for Medicine degrees such as MBBS, and MD in Canada:
- Queen Esdale Memorial Scholarship
- Dr John E Bradley Scholarship
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
The second item to consider is the cost of MBBS in Canada. According to study abroad consultancies’ insights and research, the total fees for MBBS in Canada span from 68,710,000 INR to 210,04,3700 INR. However, the cost is likely to vary significantly depending on the universities and grants received.
Admissify specialists have subject experience and understanding in the worldwide education business. We are here to provide candidates with comprehensive information on courses, college shortlisting, and the application process from start to finish.