Students from 14 nations have the chance to receive £10,000 towards their tuition costs for a variety of one-year taught postgraduate courses under the GREAT Scholarships programme.
In England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, 49 universities are offering 200 scholarships for the academic year 2023–24.
The following nations provide students the opportunity to apply for GREAT Scholarships.
Each scholarship is co-funded by the British Council and partner UK higher education institutions under the GREAT Britain Campaign of the UK government.
All GREAT scholars will receive invitations to a welcoming event and a networking event as part of the programme in the first and second semesters, respectively.
The following institutions are offering postgraduate scholarships for the academic year 2023–2024.
- Arts University Bournemouth
- Edge Hill University
- The Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Northern College of Music
What qualities do we seek in a GREAT scholar?
- Excellent academics.
- Possess Indian nationality.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree, be driven, and be enthusiastic about the proposed subject.
- Meet the UK’s English language proficiency requirements HEI build an academic relationship with the UK through fostering personal and academic success.
- Be willing to attend a networking event for all GREAT scholars who are based in the UK in order to share experiences and gather opinions on studying there.
- Be prepared to serve as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships as a former recipient of the GREAT Scholarships, keep touch with the British Council and their HEI, be willing to discuss his or her personal experience studying in the UK with prospective candidates on occasion.