France is an excellent choice for studying abroad for your degree because of its rich culture, food, architecture, and vibrant student life! So a big shout out to all Madame and Monsieurs who are planning to fly and study abroad. You can decide on the best colleges out there with the guidance and counselling provided by the best European education consultants in Delhi.
Studying in France allows you to master the language while also gaining a cultural perspective. The experience will offer you an advantage while seeking an international job and will provide an edge over its competitors to your CV. Studying in another nation can increase the worth of your degree by demonstrating to potential employers that you have ventured outside of your bubble and are capable of dealing with change and cultures.
All one needs to know about getting a visa for France!
Grab your French dictionary and pack it in your suitcase before heading on an exciting study abroad adventure. However, a visa is required for the deed. If you do, begin compiling all of the necessary documentation and learning all you can about it. Below are the quick checklist and procedure for your guidance:
First and foremost, one needs to figure out what kind of visa category he/she falls into. There are three categories based on the duration of stay:
- Short-term student visa- This student visa allows you to study for a period of fewer than three months. This visa is ideal if you want to participate in short-term certification or language programs. It is free, and you do not need to apply for a residency permit.
- Temporary long-stay visa- This visa allows you to pursue an education that will take 3 to 6 months to finish.
- Long-stay visa- If your studies will take more than 6 months, you should apply for this sort of visa. In this instance, you will also need to apply for a residency permit.
What are the applicable documents for visa application?
- Form for requesting a visa
- Two passport-style photographs
- Valid passport, as well as documents of prior visas
- Official university enrollment or acceptance letter
- Proof of financial resources (about 615 EUR per month) to pay all of your expenditures throughout your studies
- Airline ticket/reservation with departure date
- Medical insurance might cost between 300 and 715 EUR per year
- Documents describing your living arrangements while studying
- Certificate of French language competency (if you have enrolled in a French-taught course)
- Proof of visa fee payment (50-100 EUR)
- Proof of citizenship (if applicable)
Only the long-term student visa will suffice as documentation of your residency during your first year of study. You must register with the regional French Office of Immigration and Integration (OFII) and pass a medical evaluation within a month of your arrival in France to validate your visa. If you want to stay for more than a year, you must apply for a Carte de Séjour (CDS) or ‘titre de séjour’, an official residency permit in France, beginning in your second year of study.
Studying in France: Perks!
- Quality higher education tailored to the requirements of students
- France has attractive tuition rates.
- Outstanding prospects for research and development
- France is a world economic powerhouse.
- Airbus, Total, Orange, LVMH, L’Oreal, Danone, and other major worldwide firms have their headquarters in France.
- Young talent is highly regarded in the field of entrepreneurship.
- The French way of life is ideal for providing pupils with a secure and pleasant environment.
- French is the third most widely used working language.
- France is a popular study abroad location for students from all over the world.
- France is recommended as a study destination by 9 out of 10 international students.
So there you have it: a thorough guide to fulfilling your goal in France! If you faithfully follow the above stages and conditions, you will soon be roaming about the streets of Paris! Bonjour!
Join Admissify For Great Benefits
Admissify allows you to search for educational programs from all around the world. Aspirants can also use our scholarship consulting services to help pay for their tuition. Follow your ambition of studying abroad with the assistance of the best overseas education consultants in Delhi by locating and comparing study opportunities across borders and selecting the appropriate study abroad program.