It is prestigious to be awarded the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship for Indian Students 2022. It is an excellent scholarship for candidates. Candidates selected are awarded to apply for a doctoral course at St. Johns College, Cambridge. This scholarship first began in the year 2008. This scholarship was awarded to Manasa Patnam, Niladri Banerjee and other renowned personalities.
Basic Requirements for the Candidates
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must have a valid passport to India.
The students who are awarded this scholarship are benefitted from the following reward;
- The college will provide the tuition fee.
- The college will also provide the living expenses of the student.
- The airfare cost will be added too
- The candidates will be provided with a stipend every month.
- They will also provide the cost of the visa for the UK.
This award is a great choice for students interested in higher education in the UK. The scholarship is appropriate for diligent and sincere students in their academics. It is a great chance for aspiring students who want to get into a reputable college in the UK. The scholarship is provided based on merit. The candidates are offered a great chance at St. John’s College of Cambridge. The amount of the scholarship can vary depending on the candidate’s merit and the course they have chosen. Students can easily renew their scholarship programs for further higher studies. This opportunity is good for Indian students to apply for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship in 2022.
The candidates must have the following criteria to apply to Cambridge university college. The Indian students can get selected for this scholarship named after one of our prime ministers, along with a university degree.
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate must reside in India
- The candidate must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- The candidates must be below the age of thirty-five.
- The candidate must be applying for a full-time doctoral course at Cambridge University.
- The same candidate cannot avail of other scholarships in the UK while opting for the DR Manmohan Singh scholarship.
St. Joseph College provides a wide range of courses and options for brilliant students interested in research and specialization.
Here are the available doctoral courses;
- Science and Technology
- Aerospace Engineering
- Social studies
- Energy studies
- Marine Engineering
Process of selection
The process of application involves certain steps and evaluation. The whole process is done online- from the application to the consent letters.
The candidates have to fill out the form carefully before submitting it. The applicants are required to complete the entire application step by step.
- You have chosen a particular doctoral program and the supervisor you want to work under at the University of Cambridge as a candidate.
- Then you have to fulfil all the requirements of the doctoral program that you want to opt for.
- Two academic/professional reference
- UG and PG degrees and transcript
- Research proposal
- Submit the application forms before the admission application deadline.
- Statement of purpose/ personal essay.
- You may go through the admission requirements of the doctoral program.
- The candidate has to submit the application form before the last admission date.
- To avail of this scholarship, the candidate has to select St Joseph College as their first preference among the amount of all the colleges.
- The candidates will be contacted by the university or the college upon being selected. The entire process of application will be online. The candidates will acknowledge their consent via email.
The results of the final selection may take some time. Therefore the candidate must wait patiently for the college to respond. There will be an interview session before the candidates are chosen. Many consultancies based in Delhi can help students with international scholarships and other university website details. Admissify is one such consultancy website that can provide you with updated information for all the aspiring students of India.