The Developing Solutions Scholarships (University of Nottingham) is aimed at students who are from nations like Africa, India, and other Commonwealth countries. The University of Nottingham has come up with this flagship program and directed it towards the upliftment of international students. You can apply for the scholarship if you are looking forward to doing a master’s course at the University of Nottingham. You will be amazed to know that the number of scholarships granted each year amounts to 105 in numbers. So, you stand a good chance to get the scholarship if you apply for it.
You can send in your scholarship applications after having received an offer for admission. The Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships cover 50% or 100% of the master’s full-time course fees. It is a merit-based and college-specific scholarship. Many students are vying to study at Nottingham because of the standards of education. Moreover, the university boasts of high-quality teaching and also leads in research possibilities and infrastructure. It is a great place to live, study and work as well. Nottingham has caught the attention of many international students for the very same reasons listed above. The deadline for the scholarship application is May of every year. You should know the names of a few countries more, so that you being an international student, can realize your dreams in a better manner.
The various other countries are Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Kiribati, Guyana, Jamaica, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Cayman Islands, and Bermuda, to name a few.
- University of Nottingham
- Scholarship Amount
- Scholarship Criteria /Eligibility
To be selected for the scholarship program, you need to fulfil certain criteria. They ate listed below:
- You must belong to any one of the Commonwealth countries.
- You will be classed as an overseas student for fee classification purposes.
- You should hold an offer for admission to one of the Master’s full-time courses at the University of Nottingham. You can also apply for the Postgraduate Excellence Awards, but you will be awarded only one among all.
- A full-time M.Res. course is not considered.
You need to note the reasons why you may not be eligible to apply for the awards.
- If you are a current student or a graduate of the University of Nottingham, you may not be eligible to apply.
- If you have already studied outside your home country.
- If you are currently studying in the UK.
How To Apply?
- Before you apply, you must have received an admission offer for the course of your choice, from the university.
- You can apply through the scholarship application section of Nottingham Hub.
- You have to carefully craft a personal statement, where you should mention your reasons for pursuing the course, and how you will contribute to your community, and the university community after you pass out.
- You will also be asked about your study abroad plans and your future work plans.
- You have to craft the best answers, which should be realistic as well, to be chosen for the scholarships.
After you submit the applications, the selection process begins. You will be assessed based on the application, a personal statement, and your academic credentials. The university scholarship team forms a panel of experts who decide on the candidature. You need to follow certain terms and conditions before you are finalized for the same.
- You do not need to accept the offer for admission before you submit the scholarship application. However, awards will be given to candidates who have completed both procedures.
- The scholarship team thoroughly analyses every scholarship application before making an offer. You will get a confirmation of the award in July of every year.
- If you manage to get this scholarship, the amount will be deducted from the tuition fee charged to you.
- You cannot combine the award with any other award at the university.
- You can avail yourself of an additional scholarship from the government for other subject areas.
- The combined total scholarship amount must not exceed 100% of the tuition fee.
There are additional obligations as an awardee after you get through the scholarship. They are listed below.
- If you do not mail an acceptance of the scholarship within the deadline communicated you may lose the offer.
- If it is a conditional offer you have to meet the conditions of the offer before the grant is disbursed.
- You have to join the academic course, on the given start date.
- You have to seek permission from the scholarship team if you are making any changes to the course of study.
- If you do not receive a full scholarship, you have to pay the balance fee yourself before the mentioned date. If you do not pay the balance fee on time, the scholarship may be withdrawn.
- You have to meet all your living costs yourself, and the scholarship committee or university will not be responsible for the same.
If you are feeling confused with so much information, you can connect with Admissify. They are renowned overseas educational consultants who have the right guidance for you. You can get in touch with them by email, WhatsApp, or call.