Due to Australia’s excellent education system, a plethora of post-study work opportunities, and a high standard of living, more and more Indian students are choosing to study abroad there. You may be confident of unmatched academic achievement and an excellent support system for overseas students, regardless of the subject you choose to enrol in.
A thrilling first step toward a promising future is deciding to study in Australia. You must resolve a few crucial matters before moving on. A student visa is one of the most essential items you’ll need, and the best study abroad consultants in Delhi are here to help you with it.
How do I submit a winning application? A detailed explanation of the visa and academic entry criteria can be found below.
Student visa: subclass 500
Depending on your course, you can reside, work, and study in Australia for five years with a Student Visa (Subclass 500). Normally, this visa permits you to work a maximum of 40 hours each fortnightly during the academic year and an unrestricted number of hours during study holidays. However, for a specific timeframe, the Australian Government is enabling all students to work more than the typical 40 hours per fortnight during term time. Nowadays, students do not have to wait until their course starts to work; they can begin as soon as they arrive in Australia.
Prerequisites for applying for a student visa in Australia
- Letter of Offer: The letter of offer comes with the details of the course one applies for, the fee structure, study abroad scholarships, etc. It is crucial to keep a copy of the letter of offer to get acknowledged with the rights and refunding arrangements.
- Confirmation of Enrolment: it is issued by your education provider that verifies your enrolment in a specific course. The COE is sent after accepting the letter of offer and making the required deposit.
- Proof of English Proficiency: It is required for a non-native English speaker. It is crucial as all the courses in Australia are imparted in English medium. You can check out different tests and certificate courses online with the best Australian consultants in Delhi Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirement: It is simply required to check the authenticity of the purpose of visiting Australia. It is aimed to address two things. Firstly, you are here only for studying purposes. Secondly, your stay in Australia is genuinely for a temporary period.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: It is required to present documents like statements, scholarship or grant documentation, etc. This will demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to pay for your course-related costs and expenses, including transportation, fee structure, and mortgage payment. Providing documentation of your parent’s or partner’s yearly salary will further strengthen your case to get access to a visa.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): it is a must-required insurance cover to help in paying medical expenses, hospital care, and ambulance service in emergencies. Proof of buying this insurance is required while applying for a visa to study abroad in Australia.
- Character Proof: it means you should be of good character and remain a good character during your study course. For this, one has to qualify for certain criteria designed by the Australian Government. Even a police credit report may be required.
- Health Requirement: The Australian Government mandates that all international students be in excellent health before arrival. You could be required to get your health checked out and present a certificate from your doctor attesting to the fact that you meet these health requirements.
Learn Everything About Admissify
Admissify is the top study abroad consultant in Delhi that intends to give aspiring international students wings by providing special services such as counselling, study abroad scholarships, internships, placement information, funding, and coaching. Download the app for smooth and convenient access to different services. Besides coaching for quick admission, you can also seek their support for accommodation, visas and faster immigration.
Furthermore, you can also apply for a special visa to stay in the country even after the completion of the course up to a certain period. This will give you enough time to search for a lovely job in that foreign land. Online chatting facilities are the biggest advantage these days.