Architecture is a unique course, which is an amalgamation of culture, design and science
technology. The subject not only teaches you the art of designing houses, skyscrapers, office spaces etc. but public spaces like airports, parks, shopping centres. In short, people need space to live, work, play shop and eat. Architects are responsible for designing these spaces. Architects can be
commissioned to design anything from a single room to an entire complex of buildings.
The coursework is very creative in nature blending technology with arts. The course also teaches you the concept of planning apart from imparting knowledge about designing structures. If you are a fan of science and math and a creative thinker with a penchant for drawing & designing, then this might just be
your dream course.
1. With the rapid development of infrastructure development, the real estate boom is here to stay. And for this to continue, the industry will need architects for planning and designing the blueprint of the building. No infrastructural project can be green signaled without any architectural design.
2. Need for quality housing and innovative structures to maximize living space in congested areas – whilst ensuring structures are strong and safe is an art in high demand worldwide.
3. Planning of infrastructural projects are at an all time high, due to globalization and the industry needs people with domain expertise i.e the architects.
DUTIES OF ARCHITECTS
Architects typically do the following:
- Meet with clients to determine the objectives and requirement of structures.
- Estimate the construction time, required materials and equipment.
- Prepare structure specifications.
- Prepare scaled drawings of the proposed structure.
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Manage construction contracts.
- Plan according to local Health & Safety regulations
- Visit construction sites to ensure whether construction adheres to the plan.
TOP COLLEGES IN INDIA (QS World University Ranking)
- School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi (Not Ranked)
- IIT Kharagpur (308)
- Sir JJ College of Architecture (Not Ranked)
- IIT Roorkee (431-440)
- NIT Tiruchirapalli (Not Ranked)
TOP COLLEGES IN THE WORLD (QS World University Ranking)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1)
- University College London (7)
- University of California, Berkeley (27)
- Delft University of Technology (54)
- Harvard University (3)
So there you have it. There’s some things you need to know about Architecture Engineering along with its top colleges in India and the world.
But now you want to learn more about what top global universities you can get into with your marks and budget. So here is the best way: Download the Admissify App FREE in the app store or playstore so intelligently search over 3000 top international universities and discover plenty of information and get great advice from certified counsellors by chat or at one of Admissify’s regional offices. Then simply Apply with Admissify FREE get all your English proficiency Coaching, visa services and student accommodation booked in a few
clicks, and be on your way to your dream career.